Standards for Effective School Governance
To promote student growth and achievement, an effective school board…
1. Advocates for a thorough and efficient system of public education by:
- Promoting public education as a keystone of democracy.
- Engaging and promoting community support by seeking input, building support networks and generating action.
- Allocating resources in a manner designed to facilitate student achievement consistent with school district goals and plans.
- Maintaining legislative awareness and communicating with members of local, state and federal legislative bodies.
- Ensuring strong management of the school system by hiring, setting goals with and evaluating the superintendent.
- Employing qualified staff to meet student and program needs.
2. Models responsible governance and leadership by:
These standards were adopted by the Lower Dauphin Board of School Directors on May 15, 2006 in Resolution #2006-04