Welcome to Lower Dauphin School District's website. It is the mission of Lower Dauphin School District to provide a thorough and efficient public school education for all school age residents of the district. The District is committed to excellence, high expectations, and fiscal responsibility. We believe that the School District must be accountable to its students as well as its public. As part of our quest for excellence, we believe that:
- All students can learn and succeed.
- A highly qualified and dedicated professional and support staff is a vital factor in the educational process.
- The home shares a significant responsibility for the education of each student. Family involvement in the schools is encouraged through cooperative planning and a cooperative approach to implementation of school programs.
- We must be committed to providing an environment which encourages the desire for learning, fosters creativity, promotes respect for self and others, and demonstrates a spirit of cooperation and a concern for safety.
- Quality resources and facilities promote the success of the educational process.
- The School District must be a partner with the community and recognize the community's contributions to a strong educational program.
Through the promotion of these beliefs, the Lower Dauphin School District will meet the challenging needs of a global society and prepare its students to succeed in the 21st Century.
Sherri L. Smith, Ed.D.