Lower Dauphin School District
- Orchestra Teacher (Long-term Substitute) -
Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a Long-Term
Substitute for a secondary Orchestra Teacher. Estimated substitution dates August
18 – November 4, 2016, subject to change. All applicants must have
their application, resume, credentials, and references uploaded to http://www.PA-Educator.net/ to
be considered for employment by Thursday, July 28, 2016.
- Guest Teacher Program - This
program allows individuals who have a four (4) year degree (not
necessarily in the field of education) to take an online training
program that would prepare them for teaching in the classroom as a
day-to-day substitute teacher. Interested in learning more? Click here.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to
be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
is accepting applications for the four (4) coaching positions listed
below. These openings are for the 2016-17 school year. Act 34, Act 114, Act
126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and
releases will be required upon offer of employment. Interested applicants must
have their resume, credentials, clearances, and references sent to Angela
Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be
considered for employment. Posting will remain open until filled.
Girls Basketball Assistant Varsity Coach
Girls Volleyball Junior Varsity Coach
Girls Basketball Varsity Coach
Girls Basketball Junior Varsity Coach
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)*
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
*Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
To assist applicants the state standard application for teaching positions can be downloaded from our Web site by following the link below. The application is uploaded in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, we suggest using this link and following the instructions there:
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.