Lower Dauphin School District
School, Learning Support Teacher (Mathematics AND/OR English Focus) - Lower Dauphin School District is
accepting applicants for a Learning Support Teacher who will co-teach and
provide support for Mathematics and/or English at the Middle School beginning at the start of the
2016-17 school year. A Special Education certification AND
Mathematics and/or English certification is required. All applicants must have
their application, resume, credentials, and references uploaded to http://www.pa-educator.net/ to
be considered for employment by Friday, May 27, 2016.
- Guest Teacher Program - This
program allows individuals who have a four (4) year degree (not
necessarily in the field of education) to take an online training
program that would prepare them for teaching in the classroom as a
day-to-day substitute teacher. Interested in learning more? Click here.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to
be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
- Conewago Elementary Secretary - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for
an Elementary Secretary beginning July 1, 2016. Starting salary is $29,800 and
includes family medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as individual
life insurance. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance
information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Interested
applicants must have their letter of interest, resume detailing
experiences, three (3) clearances, and any references sent to our Director of
Human Resources, Angela Hepner (firstname.lastname@example.org), to be considered for
employment by Friday, May 27, 2016.
- Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)*
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
*Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
To assist applicants the state standard application for teaching positions can be downloaded from our Web site by following the link below. The application is uploaded in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, we suggest using this link and following the instructions there:
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.