Lower Dauphin School District
- Substitute Teachers and Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers, Guest Teachers, and Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please on the link for the Substitute Teacher/Nurse Application Packet OR contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
- Various Paraeducator and Aide Positions – Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for various paraeducator and aide positions throughout the District which will start for the 2015-16 school year. Experience in autism and/or behavioral support preferred for our paraeducator positions.
- Londonderry Elementary - Computer Room Aide (7.0 hours/day, $10.90/hour, benefits included)
- Londonderry Elementary - Recess Aide (2.0 hours/day, $9.80/hour)
- South Hanover Elementary - Life Skills Paraeducator (7.5 hours/day, $10.90/hour, benefits included)
Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required at the time of application. All applicants must send their letter of interest, resume, and any other supporting documents to Angela Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be considered for employment by Friday, September 11, 2015.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
To assist applicants the state standard application for teaching positions can be downloaded from our Web site by following the link below. The application is uploaded in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, we suggest using this link and following the instructions there:
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.