Lower Dauphin School District
If you need an accommodation to access this information and/or to submit an application, please contact Human Resources at (717) 566-5300.
NEW! Occuptional Therapist - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for an Occupational Therapist beginning for the 2017-18 school year. Must be a PA licensed and registered Occupational Therapist in good standing. Full-time continuing position with a 190-day annual contract, 7.5 hours per day. Prior experience working with school aged (K-12) children is preferred. Services provided include: assessment and program planning, direct treatment (individual and small group), case management of student documents, consultative services to professional staff and families, development of supporting environments to include adapting and modifying equipment and procedures to accommodate student needs and promote independent performance. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Please send letter of interest/experience and resume to Angela Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be considered for employment by Sunday, April 30, 2017.
Guest Teacher Program - This
program allows individuals who have completed a minimum of two (2) years of college (associate's or bachelor's - not
necessarily in the field of education) to take an online training
program that would prepare them for teaching in the classroom as a
day-to-day substitute teacher. If your have a bachelor's degree, you can substitute an unlimited amount; if you have a minimum of two (2) years but less than a bachelor's degree, you are limited to substitute 20 days per school year. Interested in learning more? Click here. You can also go through the Capital Area Intermediate Unit's Guest Teacher Program July 26-27, 2017 in Enola, PA. Click here to register.
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to
be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
NEW! Health Room Nurse –Elementary (Beginning 2017-18)
Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a Health Room Nurse
beginning for the 2017-18 school year. RN certification required. Minimum
hourly rate of $21.00 with individual medical, dental, vision, and life
insurance benefits, contracted 7.0 hours per day, 182 days per year. Act 34,
Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and
releases will be required if offered employment. Please send letter of interest/experience and resume to
Angela Hepner - Director of Human Resources (contact information below) to be
considered for employment by Sunday, April 30, 2017.
Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
Interested in helping serve our students and community? Lower Dauphin School District has contracted agreements for our bus and cafeteria services. They have great part-time and full-time positions available. Please contact them directly for more information!
- Rohrer Bus Service - At Rohrer, we are always in search of professional, caring, and motivated individuals to join our team. As a growing transportation company who is dedicated to serving the needs of our community, we have a constant need for quality employees in a variety of different careers and in several different locations. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week, a steady part-time job, or a full-time career, we likely have employment opportunities for you!
- Currently Hiring: bus drivers, van drivers, maintenance technicians, and administrative help
- For an application, contact www.rohrerbus.com/drive or (866) 735-7200
- If you would like specific information regarding our Lower Dauphin openings, please contact Scott
- Chartwells Food Service - For current openings and/or an application, contact Brad at (717) 566-5353.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)*
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
*Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.