Lower Dauphin School District
- Assistant Superintendent or Assistant to the Superintendent - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for an Assistant Superintendent or Assistant to the Superintendent. (Position offered to be determined by applicant experience). The position is a full-time position that is available immediately. PA letter of Eligibility required, candidates for letter of eligibility considered. Building Level and/or Central Office Administrative experience preferred. Salary will be negotiable. Strong educational leader with effective supervisory, communication, management and executive skills. Strong background in curriculum and instruction and program evaluation essential. Responsible for supervision of curriculum initiatives, technology integration, and district assessment plan, as well as the management and support of district initiatives and federal programs. Interested candidates please send letter of interest, resume, and standard application, copies of certification, Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Record, Act 34 Criminal History, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance, Act 126 Child Abuse Awareness Training, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, Act 168 Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release forms, and at least 3 letters of recommendation to Dr. Sherri Smith, Superintendent, 291 E. Main Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036 by Thursday, July 23, 2015.
- Substitute Teachers and Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Teachers, Guest Teachers, and Substitute Nurses (RN or School Nurse certification required.) Act 34 Criminal Clearance form, Act 151 Child Abuse form and FBI Federal Criminal History form will be required. Please on the link for the Substitute Teacher/Nurse Application Packet OR contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources at (717) 566-5303 for more information.
- Full-time Maintenance Worker- Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for a full-time maintenance worker. Shift and hours to be determined. Candidate must have HVAC certification and experience with: Electrical Wiring, Plumbing, Commercial H.V.A.C. Troubleshooting and Repair, General Building Repairs, Commercial Kitchen Equipment and Repairs, and Preventative Maintenance Program. Employment contingent upon completion of: Act 24 Arrest/Conviction record, Act 34 Criminal History, Act 114 FBI Fingerprinting Clearance, Act 126 Child Abuse Awareness Training, Act 151 child Abuse Clearance, and Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse disclosure form. Interested candidates please send a letter of interest and resume to Angela Hepner, Director of H.R., 291 E. Main Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036. Deadline is Thursday, July 30, 2015.
- Custodial Positions - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for full-time custodians Act 34 Criminal Clearance, Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Federal Criminal History and Act 168 Sexual Misconduct forms will be required. If you are interested in applying, applications are available at the District Administration Center, 291 E. Main Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036 or call Jodi VanWinkle at 717-56-5303.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application.
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:
Director of Human Resources
Lower Dauphin School District
291 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
To assist applicants the state standard application for teaching positions can be downloaded from our Web site by following the link below. The application is uploaded in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf). If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, we suggest using this link and following the instructions there:
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Personnel Office at the address and phone number listed below.