The Lower Dauphin School District uses a system called SchoolMessenger to deliver weather and emergency information to you via phone, e-mail, and text message on a best effort basis. In order to take advantage of this system you will need to create an account using School Messenger’s InfoCenter web site (directions below).
Set Up Your Account (detailed directions here):
1. Enter https://go.schoolmessenger.com into a web browser or download the InfoCenter App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Click Sign Up in the top blue bar.
3. Enter the email address that you have on record with Lower Dauphin School District. If you do not know the email address that the district has on file, please contact your student’s school. Each parent and student can create a separate account to manage call preferences independently. School Messenger uses the e-mail address that you have on file with Lower Dauphin to verify your identity and provide access to your student’s information.
4. Enter a unique password. Your password must be a minimum of size (6) characters and contain one lower case letter, one number, and one upper case letter.
5. Check your email. There will be a message from firstname.lastname@example.org Click on the activation link to activate your account and log into Info Center.
Update Your Call Preferences:
1. Enter https://go.schoolmessenger.com into a web browser.
2. Click on the menu button in the upper left hand corner and select Contacts to see all students that are associated with your account.
3. Click on the menu button in the upper left hand corner and select Preferences to add contact information to your account.
a. Click on Add More to add a phone number or email address.
b. After adding an initial phone number click Add More to add additional phone numbers or email addresses.
c. Once you are finished adding phone numbers, click on a phone number to select the types of messages and delivery method (text message, phone call).
Remember to update your information in School Messenger Contact Manager and let your student's building office know whenever your contact information changes.