4th Grade Field Trips
Fourth Grade is the first year of BIG field trips! We will have two field trips throughout the year. Both will require parent chaperones. You will be asked to note your interest in chaperoning on your beginning of the year survey given out at Open House or sent home on the first day of school. Chaperones are chosen at random. Please note that in order to be considered as a chaperone you MUST have your Volunteer Packet complete and accepted by the district.
Harrisburg Capitol Field Trip
- Trip will be in October.
- Date: Friday, October 18th 9:15am - 1:30pm
- Trip is during the school day.
- Prior to the trip, students will learn about PA State Government and meet with our Local Representative at school.
- At the Capitol students will tour the PA House of Representatives, PA Senate, and the PA Supreme Court.
- Packed Lunch? Yes, must be disposable
- Money? No, we will not stop at a gift shop
- Camera? Yes, we suggest disposable
Historic Philadelphia Field Trip
- Trip will be in May.
- Date: TBD
- Trip will extend beyond the school day: 6:30am - 5:30pm.
- Prior to the trip students will study William Penn and the settling of 'Penn's Woods'.
- In Philadelphia, students will tour Christ Church, Independence Hall, and a variety of other sites.
- Trip includes independent time with chaperone group.
- Packed Lunch? Yes, must be disposable. Must also bring extra water and snacks.
- Money? Yes, $20 max. There will be gift shop opportunities.
- Camera? Yes, disposable cameras are suggested.
- *Students may carry a drawstring bag for this trip. There are many sites where bags will be searched before entering.
Parents! We would love to have you chaperone! Please use the link below to connect you with the Lower Dauphin Volunteer Packet instructions. Start this process ASAP. It can be timely. In order to be considered as a chaperone, you must have a complete volunteer packet submitted to the District Office [Hummelstown], be approved by the district, and receive your LD Volunteer Badge from the district.