Lower Dauphin Middle School
PHYSICAL EDUCATION POLICIES AND EXPECTATIONS
1. It is required to change into P.E. attire for class. The required physical education attire includes athletic shoes, shorts/athletic pants, socks, and a T-shirt.
2. If any piece of the required athletic attire is missing it is considered a non- dress. Students will not be allowed to wear school issued athletic equipment.
3. No cell phone or computer use in the locker room or gym area will be allowed.
4. Inappropriate language and use of profanity or vulgarity is not acceptable in the school environment.
5. Students will promote a safe and respectful environment by keeping their hands and feet to themselves.
6. All school rules also apply to the gymnasium. Please refer to the student handbook.
Subject Areas Taught:
Fitness Testing, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Wiffleball, Kickball, Floor Hockey, Lifetime Activities (Ex. Cornhole, laddergolf, angleball, KanJam, Bocce), Aerobic Training
Grades will be determined based upon the following:
1. Participation in all activities in class
2. Skill Evaluation on current unit of study
3. Understanding of rules and displaying appropriate sportsmanship.
MEDICAL EXCUSES AND PARENTAL EXCUSES:
Parental excuses are accepted and rejected at the discretion of the instructor and/or school nurse. Students will dress and participation will be modified. Excuses for three or more days must be from a physician. In the event of injury or such that requires a physician’s note, that note will be honored until the date specified. If the child wishes to return to participation earlier, there must be a written note from the physician acknowledging that the student may return to full participation. Physician’s notes that give specific alternative activities while unable to participate are highly recommended and appreciated so that the student may be involved in alternative activities.
The Physical Education Department may be contacted as such: Please call the main office at (717) 566-5310 and they can reach the extension of the teacher. Email is the suggested method of contact.