Lower Dauphin Middle School 8th Grade Health
Course Title: 8th Grade Health
Instructor: Caitlin Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 566-5310 ext. 3811
Description: This class will provide students with the opportunity to discuss various health related topics through multiple modes of instruction.
- Decisions for Health- Blue Level Textbook
- The American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED- Book For Schools and the Community.
- To increase the awareness of and develop an appreciation for the importance of good health.
- To develop an understanding of the importance of maintaining a balanced approach to Health.
- To increase knowledge of short and long term benefits of physical fitness.
- To provide skills necessary to prevent "lifestyle" illness and disease.
- To develop the ability to practice and perform decision-making and resistance skills.
- To understand your body and the changes it undergoes.
- Drugs & Alcohol
- Mental and Emotional Wellness
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Adolescent Growth & Development/Human Reproduction/STI's
Course Requirements and Expectations:
- Completion of all in-person assignments while in the classroom.
- Communicating with your teacher is vital for clarification of material and necessary assignments.
- Be present for ALL of your classes, be attentive and respectful of others.
- Students are not permitted to have their cell phones out or use their cell phones during the school day at the LDMS. This includes smart watches that are used for purposes other than telling time. The only exception to this is if the teacher gives direct permission to the class/student for an educational purpose or need in the classroom. Students who violate this are subject to discipline action under the Cell Phone procedures stated in the Parent-Student Handbook.
Active participation in class activities and class discussions can help students to clarify their own views, opinions, understandings and misunderstandings. Students are encouraged to make personal contributions to the class.
It is the students responsibility to find out what work has been missed when absent. Check with the teacher concerning the material missed and how to make it up.
Classwork, projects, quizzes, and formative assessments.