How You Can Help ...
For our Communities That Care effort to be effective, we need the participation of you, your friends and neighbors, and your family. Businesses, the faith community, and civic/service organizations are also essential to our success. The following are some of the ways that you can get involved:
- Consider a tax-deductible donation to support our efforts.
- Develop positive relationships with youth in our community.
Have some fun as an adult friend through our school-based mentoring program at the middle school or our elementary schools.
Volunteer once a month on our bookmobile.
- Request information about one of our CTC programs.
- Share in the decision-making process by joining a committee to help support the efforts of one of our programs for youth.
- Provide in-kind services.
Additional ways to donate:
When you shop on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com and select Lower Dauphin Communities That Care as your charity of choice. Every time you place an order, Amazon donates a portion of the sales’ proceeds to LD CTC!
We also receive a check every quarter when people donate unwanted clothing in a Community Aid bin designated to our organization. CTC donation bins can be found at these locations throughout the Lower Dauphin community (please do not leave any items outside of the bins, only donate what can fit inside):
- East Hanover Elementary School, 2673 Sandbeach Road, Grantville
- East Hanover Township Building, 8848 Jonestown Road, Grantville
- Lower Dauphin Middle School, 251 Quarry Road, Hummelstown
- South Hanover Elementary School, 15 W. Third Street, Union Deposit, Hershey
- Subway Restaurant, 315 E. Main Street, Hummelstown
For more information about our programs or to get involved, please contact Angela Durantine, Program Director, at 717-350-0428.
The official registration and financial information of Lower Dauphin Communities That Care may be obtained from the
Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.