Lower Dauphin School District Employment Opportunities
If you need an accommodation to access this information and/or to submit an application, please contact Human Resources at (717) 566-5300.
- No openings at this time
- Substitute Teachers - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute teachers. To become a substitute teacher, you need a Bachelor's degree (ANY Bachelor's degree) and you will become a Guest Teacher for the District. Please visit the STS website to apply today to become a substitute for Lower Dauphin. Already an STS employee? Contact STS Human Resources at (800) 357-7827 and ask for Lower Dauphin School District to be added to your district list.
- Substitute Nurses - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Nurses (LPN, RN or School Nurse certification required.) PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34), Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114), and PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) are required. Please contact Jodi VanWinkle in Human Resources for more information.
- Substitute Custodians - Lower Dauphin School District is accepting applications for Substitute Custodians to be used in all buildings in the District. Hourly rate of $13.85. Act 34, Act 114, Act 126, Act 151, and Act 168 clearance information, training, and releases will be required if offered employment. Interested applicants must submit an application for employment. Position will remain opened until filled.
- Substitute Paraeducator and Aides - We have partnered with Substitute Teacher Service (STS) for our substitute paraeducator and aide positions. Please vist the STS website to apply today to become a substitute paraeducator or aide for Lower Dauphin.
- No openings at this time
Interested in helping serve our students and community? Lower Dauphin School District has contracted agreements for our bus and cafeteria services. They have great part-time and full-time positions available. Please contact them directly for more information!
- Rohrer Bus Service - At Rohrer, we are always in search of professional, caring, and motivated individuals to join our team. As a growing transportation company who is dedicated to serving the needs of our community, we have a constant need for quality employees in a variety of different careers and in several different locations. Whether you are looking for a few hours a week, a steady part-time job, or a full-time career, we likely have employment opportunities for you!
- Currently Hiring: bus drivers, van drivers, maintenance technicians, and administrative help.
- For an application and information, contact https://www.rohrerbus.com/driveforldsd/ or (866) 735-7200
- If you would like specific information regarding our Lower Dauphin openings, please contact Scott Downey.
- Chartwells Food Service - For current openings and/or an application, contact Brad Mettle at (717) 566-5353.
ALL positions will require background checks dated within one (1) year at the time of application. Background checks required include:
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114) - Upon offer of employment, fingerprints can be done at Lower Dauphin's District Administrative Center.
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
In addition, the PA Sexual Misconduct & Abuse Disclosure Release Form (Act 168) must be completed at the time of application for every employer you have worked for since the age of 16 in which you have had direct contact with children.
Upon offer of employment, the mandatory Child Abuse Training (Act 126) must be completed prior to your first day of work. The three (3) hour online course entitled, “Professional Ethics and the Educator Discipline Act,” consists of four (4) modules. The course is available on the Department of Education’s SAS Portal. There is no charge for the course. Participants who do not have a SAS account must first register for one by visiting http://pdesas.org/. To register for the course, participants must log into the SAS PD center http://pdc.pdesas.org/ and then click on “Course Catalog/Registration” under the menu button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The course is listed under the “Non-Facilitated” tab. When registering for the course, participants will choose a track specific to their role (i.e. teacher or staff member.) All content must be viewed prior to taking the assessment and receiving a certificate.
Lower Dauphin School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in any of our open positions, please review the application process as listed in the opening above. Should you have any questions, please contact our Director of Human Resources:Angela HepnerDirector of Human ResourcesLower Dauphin School District291 East Main StreetHummelstown, PA 17036
Pennsylvania school districts shall not discriminate in their educational programs, activities or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry or any other legally protected classification. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Information relative to special accommodation, grievance procedure in compliance with Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.