Please check here for info about upcoming events, fundraisers, schedules and other Band Booster news...MARK YOUR CALENDARS:* Band Camp Fees Due (Thursday, July 22)
* T-Shirt Fundraiser Forms Due (July 30)
* Band Camp (August 2-5, 9 AM-9 PM & August 6, 9 AM-1 PM)
* Pool Party (Friday, August 6, 1-4 PM)
* Post Band Camp (August 9-10, 9 AM-4 PM & August 11, 9 AM-5 PM)
* R&K Orders Due (August 10)
* Parent Preview Show (August 11, time TBD)
* Band Booster Meeting (Tuesday, August 17, 6:30 PM)PRACTICES:
* Morning Sectionals for Brass/Woodwinds (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9-10:30 AM)
* Full Marching Band Practice (Tuesday evenings, 6-9:00 PM)
* Percussion Practice (Thursday evenings, 6-9:00 PM)
* NO Color Guard THIS THURSDAY!R&K SUBS - Students are now selling popular R&K subs and pretzel sandwiches and will earn $1 per item to help cover their Band expenses. Order forms are attached. Orders and CHECKS made out to "LDBB" ONLY (no cash) are due by Tuesday, August 10. Pick up will be Tuesday, August 24, from 500-6:30PM at LDHS. Contact Kelly Groscost at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.DONOR T-SHIRT FUNDRAISER - The Boosters are looking for local businesses and organizations to make donations, and in return we will print their name or logo on the back of the official LD Marching Band T-Shirt. Students wear these shirts during football games, at school, and on band trips, so this is a great advertising opportunity for donors. The LD Band Boosters is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax-deductible (copy of IRS Determination Letter available upon request). Students will earn between $30-70 for each level of donation they bring in. Completed forms, payment, and logo (if needed) are due by July 30. Contact Susan Seacord at email@example.com with questions.We have received donations from the following:Kelly, Parker & CohenGW SignsWallett's FlooringKirman EyeHershey Memorial Post 3502Interstate BatteriesThe Warwick HotelComplete Health ChiropratricSargento Foods Inc.ShreddRRzTrefz & Bowser Funeral HomeBell & EvansLondonderry Animal HospitalMenchey Music ServiceKorch OrthodonticsBJ Landscaping, Inc.de Lynn Creations, LLCCopyClear, Inc.Inspire Chiropractric/Spine & Sports RehabMARCHING BAND REGISTRATION - Registration has closed for this year's show, "Wicked!" The tentative 2021 Marching Band Schedule and required Medical Form & Contract are available on this webpage:BAND CAMP FEES - Below is a copy of this year's Band Camp Letter & Fees. Forms and payments are due by Thursday, July 22. Please put your fee form and check or money order in the BOOSTER FILING CABINET in the HS Band Room. If we are unable to get access to the filing cabinet due to school maintenance, we will have one of the Booster treasurers at the practice field to collect forms.2021 Band Camp Letter & Fees
VOLUNTEERS FOR UNIFORM FITTINGS - The Boosters will be fitting students for uniforms on the first Tuesday of Band Camp (August 3) and need some PARENT HELP! We would also like to start fittings during Tuesday & Thursday Evening practices this week and next, but may not be able to if the custodial staff is cleaning the 500 wing of the school. If you are willing to help with fittings, please contact Kelly Groscost at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and let her know your availability. She will notify volunteers if we have access to the Band Uniform Closet during evening practices. Volunteers working directly with students must have an LD Volunteer Badge or at least have their clearances submitted to the school district.BAND CAMP VOLUNTEERS - We need parent help preparing, serving and cleaning up after evening meals during Band Camp, August 2-5. We also need volunteers to bake Desserts with ingredients the Boosters will provide, and Chaperones will be needed for the Pool Party on Friday, August 6. Click on the SignUpGenius link below. Volunteers will need to have their clearances through the School District (see below). Children under 16 are not permitted in the kitchen due to safety concerns. Any questions, please contact Chali Milic at firstname.lastname@example.org.CHAPERONE CLEARANCES - Parents interested in chaperoning football games or band trips, or helping with band events that would put them in contact with students, must submit clearances to the LD School District and wear a district-provided Volunteer Badge. Visit the District website for details.FUNDRAISING SCHEDULE - Dates and events are subject to change, but we hope to provide lots of opportunities for students to earn money to cover their band expenses, including the Disney Trip being planned for 2023!PAYMENTS - Please make payments to the Band Boosters in the form of CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS so that they are traceable and more secure. The Boosters cannot accept cash payments. Payments should be placed in an envelope marked with the student’s name and what it is for. Make checks payable to LDBB and include the order form if necessary. Place the envelopes in the locked filing cabinet in the HS Band Room (when school is in session). Contact Treasurer Tanya Dreon at email@example.com with questions or to check your Student Account Balance.BOOSTER MEETINGS - Booster meetings are usually held the second Tuesday of each month, though they may switch to Mondays or Wednesdays in winter to line up with Indoor Drumline practices. The next Band Booster Meeting has been moved to Tuesday, August 17, at 6:30 PM, to avoid conflicts with Band Camp and a carnival at the park. Meetings are open to the public, and all band parents are encouraged to attend. Minutes and Treasurer Reports from previous meetings are posted on this website.CONTACT - You can email the Band Booster Secretary Susan Seacord at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BAND CAMP MEALS - Make sure you specify if you are vegetarian or have any food allergies or dietary restrictions! Contact Chali Milic at email@example.com with questions.
- FRIDAY FOOTBALL MEALS - The Boosters plan to provide meals before each football game this fall when students have to stay after school to practice, but we will notify students and parents of this additional cost at a later time.
- POOL PARTY - The location for the annual Band Pool Party has changed to the Palmyra Community Pool, and there is a $5 admission fee for this event on the Band Camp form.
- The Boosters are working hard to give students the full Band Camp experience this year, and we appreciate your patience as we figure out plans! All dates and details are of course subject to change, so watch emails for updates.
- If you have concerns about paying for band fees, please talk to someone on the Executive Committee. We never want students to not participate in band due to financial reasons.
The Lower Dauphin Band Boosters' mission is to support our bands...our musicians...and the talented musical faculty that guides them through their musicianship and performance events.