Please check here for info about upcoming events, fundraisers, schedules and other Band Booster news...MARK YOUR CALENDARS:* DRUMLINE Practice - 12/4, 6-9 PM
* TRI-M RECITAL - 12/5, 7 PM (performers report 6:30)
* CONCERT REHEARSAL - 12/6, 2:45-4:15 PM (NO activity bus)
* DISTRICT BAND AUDITIONS - 12/7, 5:45 AM
* DRUMLINE Practice - 12/7, 9 AM-5 PM (students pack a lunch)
* HS BAND CONCERT - 12/9, 7 PM (students report 6:45 in concert attire)
* BOOSTER MEETING - 12/10, 6:15 PM* CITRUS Delivery - Tentatively 12/10, 4-6 PM
* COLLECTIONS for Ronald McDonald House - Due 12/10* DRUMLINE Practice - 12/10 & 12/12, 6-9 PM (changed due to concert)
* SKATING PARTY at Doc's - 12/13, 6-8 PMSKATING PARTY - Here's a way to help raise money for LD Band programs while having lots of FUN! Come to our Band Skating Party at Doc’s on Friday, December 13, from 6-8 PM! Admission for skaters is $5, plus $3 for skate rentals if needed. Everyone’s welcome - spread the word. (Elementary-aged students must be accompanied by an adult.)CITRUS SALE - Pick up is tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday, December, 10, from 4-6:00 PM at the HS Band Room. This is assuming the fruit is delivered on time, so subject to change - watch for email updates. If you bought one of the extra Gift Boxes and have not paid yet, please send your check to school by tomorrow! Contact Mary Yohn at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.RONALD McDONALD HOUSE - Around the holidays each year, LD Band does a service project to give back to the community that supports us. Please donate to the Ronald McDonald House this year by placing items needed (see attached list) in the box/tub in the LD Band Room between November 19 and December 10. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Tabitha McQuiddy at email@example.com. Tabitha will be delivering the items to RMHC on December 10. Please consider giving!TRI-M SOCIETY HOURS - Mr. Hutchison is offering volunteer hours to any High School band student in Tri-M who is willing to assist with the 6th graders in the December 9 Holiday Concert (they perform at the same concert as the HS Band) and for anybody who is willing to help prepare students for their County Band Auditions. Interested students can Register here. In addition, Mr. Hutch is willing to take volunteer help from students who are NOT Tri-M members - use that same link to sign up. Note that help will be taken on a first come, first serve basis as needed.INDOOR DRUMLINE - The 1st fee deposit of $100 (check made out to "LDBB") was due by November 20 along with the student's signed Contract. See the "Indoor Drumline" page for more details.CHAPERONES - As we start into Indoor Drumline, remember to get your school clearances if you plan on chaperoning any events, or attending Wildwood through the school registration. Chaperone fees for the Wildwood Trip (April 29-May 3) will be $280 for the 4 hotel nights (2 chaperones per room) and the event wristbands. The first chaperone payment will be due in January. Please email Steven Seacord if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.CHAPERONE CLEARANCES - Parents interested in chaperoning football games or band trips, or helping with band events that would put them in contact with students, must submit clearances to the LD School District and wear a district-provided Volunteer Badge. Visit the District website for details.UNIFORMS - All Marching Band uniforms should by now have been laundered and returned to the HS closet. The 2nd VP's will be inventorying them to check ID numbers and make sure all are returned in good condition. Any questions, contact Mary Yohn or Carole Spada at email@example.com.PAYMENTS - Please make payments to the Band Boosters in the form of CHECKS or MONEY ORDERS so that they are traceable and more secure. The Boosters cannot accept cash payments. Payments should be placed in an envelope marked with the student’s name and what it is for. Make checks payable to LDBB and include the order form if necessary. Place the envelopes in the locked filing cabinet in the HS Band Room. Contact Treasurer Tabitha McQuiddy at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to check your Student Account Balance.BOOSTER MEETINGS - Booster meetings are usually held the second Tuesday of each month, though they may switch to Mondays or Wednesdays in winter to line up with Indoor Drumline practices. The next Band Booster Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 10, starting at 6:15 PM. Meetings are open to the public, and all band parents are encouraged to attend. Minutes and Treasurer Reports from previous meetings are posted on this website.CONTACT - You can email the Band Booster Secretary Susan Seacord at email@example.com.
The Lower Dauphin Band Boosters' mission is to support our bands...our musicians...and the talented musical faculty that guides them through their musicianship and performance events.