Absence Reporting Form & Procedures
Attendance in school is important for students to learn and grow, however, we do not want your student to attend school if they are ill for any reason.
An important factor in keeping schools open in our district's Health & Safety Plan is to self-monitor for symptoms and stay home when sick. As a reminder, students who are experiencing symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 (see this chart) should stay home from school. Students who are returning to school after a COVID-19 related absence must report to main office immediately upon return to school to ensure that necessary documentation has been received and/or that required periods of isolation or quarantine have passed
The following procedures are set forth to promote and encourage understanding concerning absences from school:
A student must always present an excuse signed by a parent or guardian when returning to school from an absence.
Excuses from home should be emailed to the attendance email account (listed below) the day a student returns from the absence. If an excuse is not turned in after five school days, the absence will be declared unexcused.
A note from the doctor, dentist, etc., must accompany all requests for early dismissals or one must be shown when the student returns to school.
Parents should contact the school office in cases where the student will be out of school longer than a day or two.
Calls will be made periodically from the school office to check on a student's absence.
Students who are absent from school are not permitted to attend any school-sponsored events the day of the absence.
** Under the COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan, the district will not contact parents on days a child is absent.
The link below is an online form which can be filled out and emailed directly to your student's attendance office. It can also be printed and sent to school when the student returns to class.
When the form is completed, email it to the appropriate building.
Conewago Elementary School -- ConAttend@ldsd.org
East Hanover Elementary School -- EHAttend@ldsd.org
Londonderry Elementary School -- LondAttend@ldsd.org
Nye Elementary School -- NyeAttend@ldsd.org
South Hanover Elementary School -- SHAttend@ldsd.org
Lower Dauphin Middle School -- MSAttend@ldsd.org
Lower Dauphin High School -- HSAttend@ldsd.org
For students attending the Price School, the form should be emailed to either the middle school or high school depending on the student's grade (6-8 to MS, 9-12 to HS).
For students enrolled in the elementary e-learning program, the form should be emailed to the building where their child's teacher is located. Online teachers include:
- Andrew Vinton - East Hanover Elementary School
- Michelle Devey - Londonderry Elementary School
- Krisann Morgan - Conewago Elementary School
- Jen Solomon - East Hanover Elementary School
- Christine Schmidt - Londonderry Elementary School
- Alyssa Matesevac - East Hanover Elementary School
- Jamie Ketty - Nye Elementary School
- Natalie Kratz - Londonderry Elementary School
- Cassie Berry - Londonderry Elementary School
- Eileen Allwine - East Hanover Elementary School
- Justin Bruce - East Hanover Elementary School
- Ivan Hrabric - Nye Elementary School
- Jay Kerstetter - Nye Elementary School
- Leslie Moreno - Nye Elementary School
- Scott Montgomery - Conewago Elementary School