- Lower Dauphin High School
- Adventure Sports (Hershey): Visit www.AdventureHershey.com for an online application. Evening and weekends are required. Flexible work scheduling. Part-time/seasonal
- Fed Ex: Fed Ex offers part-time employment for students 18 years and older. Apply at Join FedEx Express and search on handler and material handler. See attached flyer for an employment opportunity at Harrisburg Intl Airport: Part-Time Material Handler Positions
- Giant Food Stores: Part-time positions are available. Apply in person or online at Giant Careers
- Hershey Entertainment and Resorts: Apply today Click Here. Join GTP-Get the Picture Corporation Staff - Job Flyer.
- Hershey Gardens & The Hershey Story: Year-round, part-time positions available. Job Flyer
- MSC: Seasonal and warehouse positions are available with a starting rate up to $19.24/hour. Must be 17 years old or older. Apply online at jobs.mscdirect.com. MSC Hiring Flyer
- Pacific Rail Services: Full-time permanent positions available for graduating seniors. Job Flyer
- The Philly Pretzel Factory: Hiring part-time baker and closer positions. Job Flyer
- ProCut Concrete Sawing & Drilling: Full-time/Part-time summer positions. Job Flyer
- Shearer Lock and Security: Locksmith and Alarm Installer Trainee Program for graduating seniors. Shearer Lock and Security Flyer
- UNFI Harrisburg: Flex Order Selectors pick from available shifts on their own personal schedules. Must be 18 years old or older. UNFI Flex Flyer
- UPS: Start as a Package Handler in Harrisburg. Opportunities for growth. Apply now
- Selective Service: Male students must register with the Selective Service System within 30 days of reaching their 18th birthday. Register at www.sss.gov
- Shield Driving: Attention sophomores Learn the fundamentals of safe driving at your convenience with your own computer. To register for the FREE 30 hour program, go to Shield's website, www.shielddriving.com and click on the "Online Course" tab and register as a Lower Dauphin Student. Shield Information Flyer
- Students (Grades 10-12) who are interested in the Armed Services have the opportunity to take the ASVAB CEP. It is a free, comprehensive career planning resource that helps students align their strengths and interests with post-secondary plans (college, vocational school or the Military). See the "Testing Information" section below for test date(s). Throughout the school year, recruiters will schedule visits over student lunch periods in order to highlight their Military branch and provide information on career possibilities. Military contact information is available on the School Counselors' Military Resources Page.
- College Fairs:
- College Representative Visits (Juniors/Seniors)- Students are able to meet with a college or university Admissions' Rep to learn about academic programs, the admission process, tuition criteria and campus life. To register for a visit, login to Naviance>Colleges Tab>College Visits>Register.
- LD High School Career & Post-Secondary Events:
- Career & Post-Secondary Planning Program - Thurs., February 2, 2023 7-8 PM in the Library. This event will provide students and their families with an overview of the post-secondary process when one decides to leave high school.
- Financial Aid Night (Grades 9-12) - Tue., October 11, 2022 7-8:30 PM in the Library. This event will address the basics of applying for financial aid, how eligibility is determined and sources and types of aid.
- New Student Orientation (Grade 9/New Students) - Tue., August 16 2022 6-8:30 PM at the high school.
- PHEAA/FAFSA Night (Grade 12) - Thu., October 13, 2022 7-8:30 PM in the Library. A Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency representative will walk families through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form. PHEAA's Completion Help Events
- PHEAA Webinars - PHEAA offers one-hour webinars focused on key, timely aspects of higher education planning (financial aid, student loans, scholarships, etc.). Register here.
- Students can use Naviance to access search engines as well as national, regional, local and LDHS scholarships. Login to Naviance>Colleges Tab>Scholarship Search for descriptions, award amounts, and deadline dates. Local scholarships (listed below) are denoted with a double asterisk (**). New scholarship opportunities are added weekly/monthly. Check Naviance routinely.
Current Naviance Scholarship Postings:
- December Deadline:
- 2023 High School Oratorical Scholarship Program
- National Sojourners 2023 Essay Contest
- January Deadline:
- 2023 PA American Legion 88th Annual Essay Contest
- America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders
- GE-Ronald Reagan Scholarship Program
- Mensa US Scholarship
- Profile in Courage Essay
- Ron Brown Scholarships Program
- February Deadline:
- 2023 PSECU Scholarship
- Big Furture Scholarships
- PACAC Scholarship
- March Deadline:
- Central Region School Facility Managers Scholarship
- PA Masonic Youth Foundation Scholarships
- The United Steelworkers Hugh Carcella Scholarship Program
- April Deadline:
- Irvin E. Herr Foundation Scholarship Award
- May Deadline:
- Sergeant Phillip German Memorial Scholarship Foundation
- Susquehanna Valley Association of Neonatal Nurses (SVANN) Scholarship
- Doctor Almo Sebastianelli Drum Corps Scholarship Fund
- December Deadline:
Testing information is available on the School Counselors Testing Page (Click Here). Information includes ACT, Advanced Placement (AP), ASVAB, PSAT, and SAT test dates, as well as registration information for Lower Dauphin's six-week SAT Prep Course.